Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

The Friday Exposure: Lost

Published by Ben under on Friday, December 05, 2008

I'm lost when it comes to a lot of things:
  • computer programming
  • good music
  • bad food
  • attracting a significant other
  • Rubik's cubes
  • playing musical instruments

If someone were to ask where I see myself in the future, the daydreaming side of myself would easily say that I am graduated from Arizona State University with a baccalaureate degree in nursing and working at a hospital while also raising a family. However, I have to disagree with myself as the realistic side of myself would say that I have no idea what will happen in the near future. I am going to side with my realistic side here. I feel that the direction I am heading in is the correct direction. I cannot expect to stay heading in that one direction until I get to whatever goal I am hoping to achieve. There will be situations and events that will throw me off my course.....for better or worse.

At the moment however, I feel lost. I know what I want my end goal to be but how do I get there? What direction do I take? Are there other goals to travel to on the way? The irony of writing this is that the song "Trust" by Sixpence None the Richer just finished playing a moment ago. Below is some of the lyrics that I should take to heart.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
lean not on your own understanding
in all of your ways acknowledge Him
and He will make your paths straight
don't worry about tomorrow
He's got it under control
just trust in the Lord with all of your heart
and He will carry you through

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers