Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

The Friday Exposure: Encroachment

Published by Ben under on Saturday, November 01, 2008

As of lately (this weekend especially), I went from feeling so sure of myself and pretty sure of what I was going to be doing this coming semester to not knowing what these next few years will hold and what I had hoped to take place dashed against the rocks of reality. The more I try to make sense of it all, the more I realize that at this point in time I will never fully know the implications of my denial into the upper division nursing program at ASU. To be quite frank, it feels as though the light of present knowledge is being encroached upon by the shadows of an uncertain future.

Stripped of something that I considered valuable, I'm at a loss for what to do. I perceive my self to be lost without some semblence of direction. However, I am sure that from God's perspective I am right where He wants me to be. I may not know where that is at the moment but I have to trust Him. There is no other option.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers