Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

The Friday Exposure: Deterioration

Published by Ben under on Friday, November 07, 2008

What happens when all of a person's dreams for the future and their confidence becomes shattered? What happens when man's plans begin to deteriorate and fall apart? What is left? Our human desires give way to the desire of the Holy Spirit in our lives. God shows us where are weaknesses and fault lines lie, not to guilt us and show us how bad or off the mark we are, but as a means to bring us back to Him and His perfect plan. For me, this past week I have seen my plans for the spring and summer change outside of my control and efforts. My confidence in my own strength and plans has been shattered. However, I am not destroyed. I have been crumbled in many ways but I am not hopeless. My confidence in my own abilities is shaken but not in God's sovereignty. God has a plan that includes me. God will build into His servant all that is necessary to complete His plan. I will not be lacking in anything that God calls me to. My hope is in Him as I am human and I will fail. How good it is to be able to place my life in God's care as I am confident that He knows best. The cracks and decay in my life will be repaired, not by my efforts, but by Christ in regards to what He is calling me to. I may not have made it into Arizona State University's nursing program for this coming spring, but maybe come fall, it will turn into reality.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers