Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

Summertime Reflections

Published by Ben under on Monday, August 18, 2008
Looking back on this summer I can say I am wrought with a mix of emotions in regards to the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and home. In those last hours I spent riding the train from Ceske Budejovice to Prague and the subsequent wait in the airport, I was not looking forward to the physical manifestation of home that I call Arizona, but rather I was looking forward to talking with my close friends who I consider to be my actual home. In actuality I could care less about Arizona or the USA. If those that I consider to be close to me moved to another state or country, then I will have lost the community that I call my home.

Going beyond what I realize is home, God taught me more about myself than I could have ever realized going into this summer. God showed me how much we as believers need to be in fellowship with one another. We can be surrounded by many people but unless we have those few select people with who we can go deep with, we are missing something vital. Being transparent with a close friend allows that fellow believer to see your life from a completely different angle than you, speak into it, and be able to encourage you through that way. In no way am I saying that is a means to cut out on time spent with God studying scripture and praying. For me, my time with God was the thing that I desperately clung to to get through the days I was not at a camp.

Also, another thing that I came to realize is my weakness in relating to people I just meet. I'm not horrible but I can quickly deteriorate from doubt and my own insecurities. Usually ends up spiraling down to the point where I would rather withdraw rather than stick around the awkward situations. So for future reference I will have to work on this area and keep from withdrawing during the rough times. I thank God for everything He taught me this summer through being on a small intern team in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. I loved my teammates and continue to do so. There is nothing that I would have traded the hardships of those 2.5 months for.
Beware in your prayer, above everything, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do. --Andrew Murray

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers