Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

Czech: Presov Camp (Part 8)

Published by Ben under on Thursday, August 07, 2008
Three days ago Presov Slovakia camp ended and I returned with the team to Strakonice for the very last time this summer. However, getting here was quite the trip. After spending one night in Presov, our team broke into two groups to travel back to the Czech Republic. Josh and Aubree took a route through Bratislava so that Aubree could sign paperwork in regards to her extended visa. Leah and I took a route going through Zilina with the ultimate goal of going through Cesky Tesin and Olomouc. The route was set up this way on purpose for I planned on meeting two friend from home on the train starting at Cesky Tesin and ending at Olomouc. Everything worked out well and I was able to meet with Thomas and Stephanie and spend almost 2 hours in conversation with them. Talking to them was uplifting and encouraging for me as I had not been in face-to-face contact with anyone from home since Ceske Budejovice camp which was at the end of June. I am so glad that everything worked out so well and smooth....at least up to that point. Eventually the train reached Prague but we were 10 minutes late. We then had to rush over to the bus station but arrived 10 minutes after our bus to Strakonice was scheduled to leave. With no options left in regards to reaching Strakonice, we headed over to the Czech Inn to get some sleep before continuing on in the morning. At the Czech Inn, we met some of the other summer interns who were staying in Prague for the few days preceding debriefing. After reaching Strakonice, I spent our last day there at a party during which I said my good byes to the students that I had come to know from being at camp. It was a great end to the many weeks that I spent living in Strakonice during this summer.

Looking back on the camp that just finished, I can say that it sure was interesting. Every day had a full schedule of activities and other events which left little free time for people to gain some during. However, the camp was a lot of fun. The evening program was awesome and the various speakers did an awesome job. I personally would hope that the evening programs that students ministries camps back home would be as fun and attention grabbing as those I experienced last week were. The one thing I missed at this camp though was the lack of discussion groups. I felt that it was a lot harder to bring up the speaker's topics in a one-on-one setting. I think that a group discussion might have worked better. Beyond all of that, the camp was good and it was a lot of fun. The location of the camp was on the top of a ski mountain so it had quite the view. So the last night (read as morning), I went with a group of people to the top to watch the sun rise above the trees. Two other guys and myself helped carry another intern up to the top since she had hurt her ankle and could not walk on it. Nevertheless, the view as terrific. What a great camp to end the summer on.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers