Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

Reflections in a Czech Mirror

Published by Ben under on Sunday, June 22, 2008
Most nights that I go out by my self, I am usually being driven by a need to either escape the presence of people or to contemplate different thoughts or both. As of lately it seems to be that I have been seeking to escape the presence of my teammates, whom I love and care for deeply. I cannot be around them at night for specific reasons, namely for the reason that I do not want to think negatively of them. So I leave, get some fresh air, then go to bed. However, last night was unusual. Instead of being mopey and depressed about feeling exclusion from my two teammates, I was filled with a strange sense of peace about everything that was going on and even with my own life. Standing on the bridge at 3am, overlooking the river that runs through Strakonice, gazing downriver in the full moon light, I realized that no matter what is thrown my way, God is ultimately in control. He is my comfort and my joy in both the easy going times and the hard times. Thinking through the events, situations, and issues of the past 2 weeks, I am still at a crossroads of how to handle certain things but in the process of thinking about it all, I was not holding onto bitterness. Moving on to other thoughts, namely past relationships and the affect they had on my life, I came to realize that they all played a key part in my learning something. This carried on to thinking about the future of my life. But as I got into it, again I realized that God is in control of it, always has been and always will be. And again, I could feel peace rising up in my soul and spirit, for a short while at least.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers