Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

Czech: Leaving Strakonice (Part 5)

Published by Ben under on Friday, June 27, 2008
Our time living here in Strakonice has come to a close. This evening we will be leaving for the Ceske Budejovice camp and will meet up with the Grace Community Church team tonight at the campgrounds. While I might not have expressed how excited I am to be seeing them, I am thrilled to finally get the chance to talk with an old friend about issues that have come up since I left at the end of May. Oh I cannot wait to see them tonight!

For the past few days here we have been just as busy as usual. It seems that we've had at least one person, if not more, over for dinner these past few nights. This has been great as we've had so many opportunities to pour encouragement into the youth group here in Strakonice through the conversations we have had with students. Two nights ago we hosted a parents party so that the parents of students in the youth group could understand better what camp is all about and learn a little bit about the differences between Czech and American culture. That specifically was a lot of fun as we broke into small groups to act out different American cultural stereotypes. The day previous though, I got the chance to go biking with a Czech and so I took the offer. What an amazing time that was as I got to learn more about him and how he had come to be so involved in the local church. What an experience that was to be talking about our lives while riding through the Czech countryside.

As I said before, we will be leaving for camp tonight so be praying that this next week will be awesome. I believe that God will do amazing things this summer!

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers