Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

Goodbye Again Strakonice and České Budějovice

Published by Ben under on Friday, July 31, 2009

It is the 31st of July and I am back in Prague. Yesterday was so bittersweet. Today is even worse as I have time to think about yesterday. Spending time in Strakonice and České Budějovice was so good. I look to the horizon in hopes of seeing my self back here but all that is ahead is haze and what dim shapes of the landscape that pokes through does not seem familiar.

While I was here though I tried to make the most of it. From cooking a true Mexican style dish to going to concerts (punk rock at one, folk music at another), I would say the time I spent with friends from past English camps was well spent. Even went to Obi once (Czech version of Home Depot, orange color included) to get some last minute supplies for the work I'll be doing in Poland in the coming days. Also spent a couple of hours one night at a tea house which had seating on the rook akin to a Japanese garden (or at least that was what I think they were going for). The sweetest times however, came from the small hang outs at cafes or the long walks back to the flat. If only it were easy to hold on to such moments and make them last.

I hope to return sometime in the future and I'm sure I will, but the question is "When?"....


0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers