Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

The Friday Exposure: Unknown

Published by Ben under on Friday, March 20, 2009

My heart feels heavy as the realizations of what a few forthcoming acceptance letters could mean for my life for the next 2 years. But I have to ask my self what matters most if it comes down to deciding between schools. Sure I could go for the easy options and choose the least expensive or the most accessible, but is that where my heart lies? Do I desire the materialistic gratifications of the academically better schools, if those should be options, or is there something more that I desire at the smaller schools that would have a larger impact for Christ? I do not know how to reconcile these past 8 months. I am seeing my connections with friends and acquaintances slowly being severed. Also, I have never before felt so disconnected with Arizona State University or with the college group at my home church. In regards to how I serve student ministries at church, I have been feeling that it is time to move on.

Often times the obvious path, according to society's standards, is not the path to be taken. At this point I feel a strong sense to move on and take a new path for which the end is blocked from sight. Usually people like to know where they are going, it gives them a sense of security. However, at this point I feel so stifled by other people's expectations of me that I will gladly take another path, not to prove them wrong but to figure out what the desires of my heart are in pursuit of seeking to serve God with my life.

You will seek Me (God) and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. -Jeremiah 29:13
Where will I go from this point? I'm not sure but within at least 1 week, if not 3 weeks, God will tell me where I will be for the next 2 years.

For what reason is God stirring my heart and leading me to do things that I could not have imagined a few short months ago?

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers