Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

The Friday Exposure: Castaway

Published by Ben under on Friday, October 10, 2008

After being away from home, friends, and the community that I considered myself to be a part of, it is quite the shock to return and find everything that I once knew has changed drastically. Who could have imagined how much change can take place within a span of 2.5 months? I certainly did not but in some ways I guess I was naive as I knew it would happen, but I never expected to such a degree. At the moment I am at a loss for finding community. Also, I have come to realize that some of my friendships seem to be less than what I thought they were. It is sobering to come back an realize that people who I considered friends have been taking me for granted.

After losing what has been built up over the course of 3 years in one swift move, new community cannot be established as quickly as it was lost. Community takes time to develop as it requires the building of trust and camaraderie through which deep personal connections, support and fellowship grow and thrive. It is my hope that over this next year God will place me where I need to be in terms of community and fellowship, wherever that may be. It is also my hope that God would surround me with friends who truly care about mutuality required in a friendship as one sided friendships are doomed to failure.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers