Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

The Decision Not to Choose (for now)

Published by Ben under on Wednesday, October 10, 2007
I found myself these past two weeks hanging myself up on a decision that has the potential to be life altering. I am ashamed to say that I have been obsessing over this decision more than I should be, even though at different times it seemed eminent that this decision was going to have to be made sooner than I had anticipated. Regardless of this though, I have been giving too much attention to making this decision rather than focusing on what is important in my life at this time. Yes, a decision like moving, is a rather big decision, but to spend time and effort worrying about it at this moment when really, my time and effort should be focused on God, the relationships I have here, and what I do here. This decision of mine will not be an easy one when it comes down to making it, so all I can do is wait and hope on God. I may not know at this specific moment what His will is for my life, but if I continue to reside and renew myself in Him then according to His timing His Will will be revealed (Romans 12:1-2). 1 Peter 3:17 says, "For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong." In You Lord, I wait. Give me strength and patience as I wait on You. (Psalms 27:14)

Recommended sermon: What is the Will of God and How Do We Know It?

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers