Rough-Hewn Servant

Smoothing out the rough little by little

Czech Team '07 Returns

Published by Ben under on Saturday, July 14, 2007
On Thursday night of this week I went down to good ol' always-seems-to-be-under-construction Sky Harbor airport. My purpose for even going there was for the incoming Czech Team 2007. Almost 3 weeks ago I saw them off as they departed to go to the Czech Republic to host an English Learning / Sports Camp. So after walking around the airport for a bit, I finally found where passengers came out of customs and stood among friends and families of the team. As the team finally came out, I was filled with joy for what they gave of their time and what they accomplished even though I may not know what that all entails at this moment. I didn't interrogate them about what happened (I'll do that later), but from a few things some of them said, it was an awesome experience that may change the course of some of their lives. God is Good and Worthy is He to be Praised. After greeting everyone, I started to head back to the parking garage and on the way there I could barely contain the joy I had for this team and for the Czech students that I know from when I went a year ago. My joy almost had me skipping down the concourse. Why do I feel this way about the Czech Republic (maybe even Eastern Europe), God only knows as it is He who placed the desire in my heart to return to the Czech Republic. Next summer will find me in the Czech Republic (Eastern Europe otherwise) for 3 months with Josiah Venture. It took me a year to realize what God was placing on my heart and how He is growing me in areas I am weak in. Through my weaknesses His glory will be seen. So as I have a year to wait, I continue to find joy in serving Him in RUSH and VI.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment

 

Followers